- The surgery can only dispense your medication to you from our own dispensary if you live more than 1.6 km from a Pharmacy. Dispensary can be contacted via telephone between the hours of 12pm and 1pm and in person Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays between 8am – 6:30pm, Wednesday between 8am – 1pm and Fridays between 8am – 4pm.
- If you live within a 1.6 km radius of a Pharmacy or request not to use our own dispensing service you will be issued with a prescription which can be dispensed by a pharmacy of your choice. This includes your repeat prescription
Tel: 01226 765300 at least 72 hours before the prescription is required
Repeat prescriptions will be processed and ready for collection wherever possible within 48 hours of receipt
Prescriptions for drugs which have been authorised as a repeat prescription by the doctor may be ordered:
- By posting your right hand side with required items ticked and posted in the wooden box in front of the dispensary window
- For housebound patients by telephone between 12pm – 1pm
- By post (please enclose a SAE if you require the prescription posting back to you)
- Online – using the NHS App, or other web portals such as Patient Access
Urgent medication requiring a prescription out of surgery hours should be requested from the Out of Hours deputising service (see When the Surgery is Closed). Lloyds Pharmacy in Midland Street, Barnsley is the nearest late opening dispensing pharmacy.