- The surgery can only dispense your medication to you from our own dispensary if you live more than 1.6 km from a Pharmacy. Dispensary can be contacted via telephone between the hours of 11am and 2pm and in person at any time during surgery opening hours
- If you live within a 1.6 km radius of a Pharmacy or request not to use our own dispensing service you will be issued with a prescription which can be dispensed by a pharmacy of your choice. This includes your repeat prescription
Tel: 01226 765300 at least 72 hours before the prescription is required (during the COVID-19 pandemic)
Repeat prescriptions will be processed and ready for collection wherever possible within 48 hours of receipt
Prescriptions for drugs which have been authorised as a repeat prescription by the doctor may be ordered:
- By posting your right hand side with required items ticked and posted in the black postbox by the Surgery gates
- For housebound patients by telephone between 11am & 2pm
- By post (please enclose a SAE if you require the prescription posting back to you)
- Online – using the NHS App, or other web portals such as Patient Access
Urgent medication requiring a prescription out of surgery hours should be requested from the Out of Hours deputising service (see When the Surgery is Closed). Lloyds Pharmacy in Midland Street, Barnsley is the nearest late opening dispensing pharmacy.
Home Delivery of Medication
Home delivery of medication is available to eligible patients (those with serious difficulty in collecting medication eg. elderly, disabled, housebound) please enquire at dispensary.